Please see below for some important dates for your diary
- Saturday 5th May first Senior matches of the season
- Friday 6th July – Golf Day at Oaklands Park Golf Club
- Sunday 8th July – Colts Club Day and BBQ
- Saturday 21st July – Vice Presidents Day
- Thursday 23rd August – hosting Buckinghamshire over 60′s match
- Saturday 1st September – last league matches of the season
- Saturday 20th October – End of Season Awards Dinner at Oaklands Park Golf Club
2017 was another good year for the club.
The 1st X1 came 5th in the 1st Division of the Morrant Chiltern League and the 2nd X1 were 6th in the 3rd Division. A good achievement for both teams which are made up of 80% players who came through our Colts system, many of the 2nd team players are still Colts.
1st X1 in 2016
There were some outstanding individual performances during the season.
Chris Cross, our captain, was the Top All Rounder in the league with 32 wickets and 729 runs and James Plested was the Top Catcher with 20 catches. In the 1st team Chris Cross, Alex Heaney, Simon Paine and Dan Winter were all in the top 20 Wicket Takers and Chris Cross and Dan Heaney were in the Top 20 Run Scorers. In the 2nd team Cedric Ayres, captain of the 2nds, was the 2nd Top Wicket Taker and Tom Paine was also in the top 20. At the age of 13 Tom Whittington made his senior debut and came away with a strike rate of 3.67 – the best in Division 3. Finally a mention of Paul Plested, who had a great season and scored his first century.
The Players of the Season awards were made at the annual dinner in October and the winners were:
Best Cricketer – Chris Cross
Best Batsman – Chris Cross
Best Bowler – Chris Cross
Best Fielder – James Plested
Best Young Player – Paul Plested
Best 2nd X1 Player – Cedric Ayres
Best Colt – Tom Whittington
Chairman’s Cup – Shirley Heaney and Peggy Gorton